Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Real Life Returns with an Artfull Shift

Reality smacks me right in the face after a time away from responsibility. Dirty laundry, bills to pay, garbage to take out, pumping gas..all of the normal responsibilities of everyday life that are removed when on vacation. It is as if they didn't exist and you are living just fine and then BOOM, back with a vengeance! For an ARTFULL approach to the reality checks of life, try this. Everytime one of those pesky chores comes up, give it a face-lift by viewing it through a colored lens. Find something amusing or funny to smile about, lighten the load by changing the point of view. I found it helped me get through the re-entry and the entry in my visual journal was the grouch being lost in a pillow fight!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah baby! It really is a matter of that one per cent more focus, isn't it? Keep blogging, my sister of the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, look at you, you blogging Wonder Woman! You beat me to it . . . just got to get CrankyWoman up and running.

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete